Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1) The term Sco Logic means Sco Logic Ltd, natural crafts, blackadder candles, borders aromatics and is also referenced as “we” “us” and “our”.
2) Working days refers to Monday to Friday and does not include Bank, Public and some local public holidays.
3) “Force Majeure” refers to any unforeseen acts, omissions, errors or delays that may occur outwith the Sco Logic’s control. This includes, but is not only limited too Fire, Flood, Disaster or fault of a third party.
1) Any sale of goods or services from Sco Logic falls under the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions prevail over any other terms set by any customer. Cancellation of any orders is not accepted unless placed in accordance with the Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations, due to orders being shipped the same day. Software License purchases, once placed, are non refundable as all software available on a license basis is understood to have been made available, and installed as a 30 day trial version. Shrink wrapped software products can be returned on the understanding and proof that the software has not been unwrapped from its cellophane wrapper and is in its entirety.
2) Sco Logic reserves the right to refuse any order.
3) All products depend on availability. Should Sco Logic be unable to allocate the correct item, we reserve the right to contact the client to advise on alternative products. General timescales for product dispatch start from next day to 1 week as average, our extended period can last as much as 28 days. Delays greater than 28 days entitle the client to returned payment, however only once written notice has been received by Sco Logic and providing that parts have not dispatched at time of receipt of cancellation.
4) The client agrees to ensure that all details provided in accordance with purchasing goods or services from our website are correct. The client also states that the credit or debit card used to make any purchases is the clients own personal or company’s card, and is authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit available to pay the full cost of the order being placed and processed with Sco Logic. Sco Logic requires validation of all credit card transactions and reserves the right to validate the client’s credit or debit card with the details provided prior to shipping any goods.
5) All products and services are subject to VAT, any prices displayed without VAT taxation detailed do not contain VAT and the VAT rate at current time of purchase has to be added.
6) Pricing of goods changes on a daily basis in the majority of instances. To allow greater benefit to the client, or to move with industry trends, Sco Logic reserves the right to changing prices when required.
7) Delivery of goods is estimated to the best of our ability. However Sco Logic does not accept any liability if delivery is not met to any specified time.
8) Once an order is ready for dispatch the client has to accept the goods are ready for delivery.
9) Any damaged or short deliveries must be notified to Sco Logic in writing within 7 days of receipt, claims later than 7 days or verbal notification can not be accepted by Sco Logic.
10) Any goods remain property of Sco Logic until the client has paid their invoice in full. Sco Logic’s standard credit terms of payment are 30 days from the date of the invoice. If payment is not received by the due date, we will be entitled to place the account on hold and appropriate late payment administration fee applied - fees are based in invoice value (£40 fee for invoice value £1 - £100, £75 fee for invoice value £101 -£1000, £110 fee for invoice value £1001 – £5000, £110 fee per 5000 for anything above £5001) will be made and a 15% surcharge will be levied on the outstanding balance. If settlement still does not occur, Sco Logic reserves the right to terminate the client’s account and seek legal proceedings. Non payment or avoidance of late payment fees will result in surcharge percentage to continue to increase at original invoice value until paid off in full, and account will remain on hold.
11) Any delivery that cannot be collected or accepted will be stored at the expense of the client. Sco Logic also retain the right to resell any product left uncollected, and after storage fees send a cheque to the client.
12) Nothing in this agreement shall limit Sco Logic’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
13) None of Sco Logics products present any health or safety hazard in accordance with ACT1974 and the consumer protection act 1987 when used properly as the products are designed, or if the client takes normal precautions when using the equipment.
14) All software is protected by copyright. Software piracy is not accepted by Sco Logic, and any copyright infringement will be reported to the relevant body.
Warranties and Returns:
1) Sco Logic is committed to providing its customers with the highest quality products and services. However, if any products are found to be faulty or defective, clients are entitled to return goods using the facilities described below:
2) All goods supplied by Sco Logic are warranted to be generally free from defects in workmanship and materials and fit for the purpose for which such goods would normally be used, and are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, unless otherwise specified. If you purchase goods in the course of your business, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Subject to this, however, goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
3) Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, Sco Logic does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
4) Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective product for full refund or replacement at our option, if the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery. We will advise you on the appropriate method of delivery to use to return the products. If the goods are found to be defective within 3 days of receipt, the cost of returning the item will be either refunded to you or uplift will be arranged at the expense of Sco Logic.. Authorised return products should be sent to Customer Returns, Sco Logic Ltd, 2 Edinburgh Road, Lauder, TD2 6TW. Sco Logic cannot accept responsibility for any returned goods damaged in transit. Proof of postage is not proof of delivery, so the client is strongly advised to use recorded delivery for returning goods and insure any items of value. No refund will be offered if the goods have been altered or damaged by the customer, or its employees or agents, or to goods not used within manufacturer’s instructions.
5) Incorrect orders can be returned within 3 days to Sco Logic provided that all packaging is kept in A1 condition and no cellophane seals broken so parts can be resold as new. Boxes with tear tags and cellophane wrappings have to be carefully inspected before opening. Incorrect orders reported within the 3 day period will be uplifted at the expense of Sco Logic. Parts outwith the 3 day period will be returned as the customer’s expense. Any products returned without original packaging or unable to be resold as new will be